2 extra days in Capetown

We are arriving into Cape Town for our March SA Elegant Adventure a few days early. Any suggestions for activities we shouldn't miss that won't necessarily be part of the tour?

Comments

• I took this tour last October and also arrived two days early. Needed the first day to recover from travel from the West Coast, so wandered the dock area near the Cape Grace. Nice shops and restaurants and time for some relaxing at the hotel. For the second day I had arranged a private driver who took me in the early morning to Kirstenbosch Gardens where I had two hours to explore, then we drove to the Winelands (Paarl & Franschhoek) for a tour and lovely lunch at La Petit Ferme. The tours to these areas can also be done by public bus but a lot more travel time would be required so you could probably see only one area in a day. You will love this Tauck tour - a great combination of city tours and game days. I recommend you skip the group lunch the day you visit Soweto and instead arrange a car to the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg - it was not included in the group tour but was fabulous. Your tour leader can arrange this if you let her know ahead of time and maybe you can split the cost with others. I would not use public transportation in that area. Pack light - you don't need fancy clothes for this tour.
  • Thanks so much for the information. So excited!
  • Ditto. I would have liked to toured Robin Island but sleep overcame me and I missed the boat. Lovely dock area much like San Fransisco

DO pack light. 5 shirts and 2 pants with a dress up 'something' for evening. You can easily do laundry. Be prepared for cooler times. I always bring silk underware and a fleece jacket.
This discussion has been closed.