Options

Review of Botswana, South Africa and Zambia

HI

I was just wondering if anyone who has taken this tour could give a review? I just booked my 2014 trip (all the 2013 dates I could do were sold out).

Thanks

Ellen

Comments

• Options
    HI

I was just wondering if anyone who has taken this tour could give a review? I just booked my 2014 trip (all the 2013 dates I could do were sold out).

Thanks

Ellen

Hi Ellen
    I am trying to decide which tour date to book....which was you choice
    Ramona
  • Options
    Has anyone taken the trip in early October - if so what was the weather?
    Andy
  • Options
    I can only offer the rationale I applied in selecting an April 2014 tour, based in Internet research including weather. First, I attempted to "optimize" my choice based on my main interests (wildlife viewing and photography) and on Botswana. I would have selected a different date had my primary interest been Cape Town. April is at the end of the rainy season and during the flood in the Okavango Delta. My expectations for this time of year are:
    1) slightly increased chance of rain offset by more dynamic skies in landscape photos
    2) less dust in the atmosphere offset by more subdued sunsets (best in October due to the dust)
    3) greater opportunity to see family groups and juvenile wildlife, but reduced opportunity to see large congregations around water holes
    4) relatively lush vegetation, but possibly limited game drives due to flooding
    5) moderate (comfortable) air temperatures
    Finally, I don't expect any of the differences between seasons to be so pronounced to make or break my trip.
This discussion has been closed.