Options

Tim:

When I reach the forum web site, I am welcome by identifiaction of my email name; however, when I then go to a specific topic such as Grand European Tour, I am then welcomed as a guest and am unable to "log in" and make replies. If I then go back to home page, where I am welcomed with my email name and then log out, I then get a page that gives me an opportunity to log in ---- and, finally, then I am able to participate. This seems to be a most convoluted way of participating in a topic of discussion. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Without trying to sound glib - I am so happy someone else has this problem as I was starting to believe there was something wrong with my computer. All of the above happens to me everytime I visit the site. I would also like to add that the login via Facebook also doesn't work and the remember me box when ticked doesn't remember you at all. To be honest this forum hasn't worked as advertised since day 1 and it doesn't seem to have much, if any, priority in the overall Tauck plans.
  • Options
    When I had a problem with this website, I posted on Tauck's Facebook page and Aaron had it fixed very fast!!!!

Sheila
  • Options
    Guess what? Today when I went to Tauck Forum web site, I was automatically logged in (did not ask for email address or password.) Also, I am one of those weird persons who prefers not to get involved in any facebook, twitter, or other social web sites other than cruise critic or Tauck travel boards. I really have nothing to hide; however, who really cares or needs to know my favorite books, music, etc. I would rather email a person directly or limit my computer conversations to the travel talk boards as indicated above. Most interesting that even though it appears that all the 2012 Grand European River trips are sold out, there is next to nobody who has used this forum for this thread/topic. Also on the "roll call" (cruise critic board) for the Grand European River trips, there is no response to my query in this category.

Jim
  • Options
    Hi Jim,

Over the years I have been on three different Tauck Boards. The first board was so user friendly and so many people posted there. Then came a new board and less people posting -- even though more people had access to computers. Someone at Corporate decided to change everything to this new board about a year or so ago. They had so many people upset that they allowed people to read the posts which were on the second board for a limited time and then they disappeared into cyberspace (probably deleted). So, now hardly anyone posts here. I know you have posted on Cruise Critic as I do. When I'm on Facebook, I tell everyone to check here. So, if you find ONE person on your sailing here, you will be lucky indeed. I was lucky to find someone who is going to India on the same tour and they live within a mile from us.

Just keep posting in both places.

Sheila
  • Options
    Thanks Shelia:

I hope that the Tauck people decide to get serious with this forum. It is a great company to use for upscale travel experiences, and, in my opinion, this forum needs whatever changes necessary to return to a more user friendly format. Itappears obvious to me that this would only increase the potential travel market for Tauck. I will continue to post in both places, per your suggestion.

Jim
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    This site gets worse and worse as time goes on. I still can't sign on for longer than one visit and I can still be signed in on the home page but be only a guest when I go to the forums. This is my second attempt to write this as last time it just ate the post and it's now hiding somewhere in the ether. I'm assuming that Tauck staff do not have the time to monitor this site and facebook as well because they are very responsive on Facebook but are seldom seen here. Please get it right soon Tauck as people like me would love to find out more about some of your land tours from the few people that still access these forums. Cruise Critic still remains THE place to visit to find out information on River Cruising.
  • Options
    Thanks Tim. I now do not have any problems getting on the web site.
This discussion has been closed.