Options

Extra add on days for Elegant Adventure

My sister and I are planning to do this trip in the near future. Did anyone do a pre or extension to this trip. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I spent an pre-day in Cape Town and it was very pleasant. I wouldn't recommend staying an extra day in the end as the trip ends at the airport. There are some nice things to do in Cape Town. We signed up for a three hour historic walking tour. I highly recommend it as the Tauck tours do not involve walking down town. We also were able to spen time in the botanical garden after the tour. There was also a nature museum in the botanical gardens which would be nice to visit as well. But, if I had been there when the flowers were in bloom, I would have gone to the very large and famous botanical area; sorry I forgot the name, but it is in all the tour books. That also was worth it. Cape Town is clean, safe and you can eat without fear. It is a nice place to add days. Also, the extra time at the beginning will help with the jet lag. I would not send extra time at the end. Johanasburg is to safe. Also, the Tauck tour ends at the airport. if you stay on, you have to get to your new hotel and then back again to the airport in another day or two. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    I agree with the above. We came 2 days early and stayed at The Cape Grace just to get over the incredible jet lag. There is much to do at just the Waterfront and also you can choose just to enjoy the hotel and it's beautiful views. I would definitely NOT stay in JoBurg post tour. It is Not worth it as the tour well covers this City also the hotel is a bit weird there....location connects to a mall - don't worry it is up to Tauck standards though. This is an incredible tour BTW. You will enjoy it immensely and have many wonderful memories. Have fun!
  • Options
    If you want to look at some real time to enjoy the Elegant Safari Adventure, there is also the possibility of booking a train adventure with the Blue Train, or Rovos Ral. We flew in early to Johannesburg and got to Pretoria to catch the Rovos Rail adventure to Cape Town. The rail trip lined up perfectly for our Elegant Safari trip finishing just a couple of days in Cape Town before the Tauck Tour started. We recommend checking that out to if you like rail journeys.
This discussion has been closed.