Options

Patagonia

My husband and I began our trip to Patagonia on November 3, 2017, and ended it on November 13th. It was our 14th Tauck Tour and on reflection about a week later, I think it was the best after our number one favorite of Kenya and Tanzania. We were unusually lucky with the weather with no rain, warmer than usual temperatures and hardly any wind. The trip was spectacular in so many ways. We have been traveling since 1999 with Tauck and waited a little too long to take this one since our mobility is waning, but I must say that we are still so happy to have done it and hardly missed anything. Everyone on the tour was so very helpful starting with our wonderful director Silvana and including our bus driver and the local guides. No matter how much you read before you go, you cannot be prepared for the majesty of Patagonia. We have been to all of the Rocky mountains in the U.S. and Canada and most of the Alps, but the Andes Mountains with the number of glaciers and lakes just keep continuing your awe at every turn of each day out on the tours. Our favorite was the Perito Moreno Glacier, but many others were wonderful to experience. We were excited by the options of activities we had from day to day. The Singular Hotel in Puerto Natales was our favorite hotel ever and it is actually also a museum. We encourage you to take this tour and not wait as we did to celebrate an 80th birthday. There are many long travel days and you feel like you will never get to the first day out to experience Patagonia, but the time and effort spent on logistics is well worth it. At the end of the tour the two days in Buenes Aires and the countryside are lots of fun and a pleasant way to wrap up two wonderful weeks of an adventure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file