Options

Re: July Tanzania 2012

My cousin, Bev, my husband, Christopher and I (Marilyn) will be going on the July 7th 2012 safari.
Would like to correspond with anyone else who is going at that time.
Would also like any information from others who have returned from this trip.

Marilyn

Comments

• Options
    We just returned from this trip (Tanzania-ZANZIBAR). Game viewing was excellent and accomodations very comfortable - certainly not roughing it. Food at lodges was very good. Take some school supplies to leave at the Maasai school. No need to get Tanzania schillings as dollar accepted everywhere. Get your visa before you go as queue at airport to get it there is slow and chaotic.
  • Options
    Thank you for information. How many students at school?
  • Options
    Tauck and each traveler who cares to do it makes a small contribution of supplies which are grouped together and given by Tour Director. There are over 700 students in school we visited. I understand they do not go to same school every time. We took a couple of packages of pens and pencils and a dozen medium sized pads of paper. You cannot take much and still get everything into your bags.
  • Options
    Trav58,

Thanks for the advice regarding school supplies. Did you give any thing in Tanzania? We are going on the Tanzania-Kenya safari tour on July 11, 2012.

This discussion has been closed.