Options

Lord of the Rings Tour

We are taking the tour in October and are staying after in NZ to go on take the Lord of the Rings Tour. Any one else been on the tour? Which one do you recommend?

Comments

• Options
    Since we messed up by not staying extra in NZ-and it is so much trouble to try to change 3 flights etc,I went on VIATor and booked a private tour
    for us .Go onto the sight and you can call for options.We only have 1.5 days in Aukland-bummed we didn't think to stay.There are also semi private tours.We have used this company inEurope also.
  • Options
    We will be on this tour in March. On Day 20, the departure home day, we have an evening flight out of Auckland (7:30 p.m.), so we are squeezing in a Lord of the Rings tour with Bush & Beach (recommended on websites and by concierge) that morning. We are doing the Hobbiton Express Day Tour. It's an early start of 6:45 a.m., with a return to hotel at 3:15 p.m. A little crazy, but we didn't book an extra day and this was the only way to pull it off. I'll let you know if we miss our flight! Actually, Bush & Beach has offered to bring our luggage along and drop us off within 20 minutes of airport (take a cab). I don't think that will be necessary and we are planning on using the Tauck transfer from hotel to airport.
  • Options
    We went to the LOTR tour in 2010. My daughter 21 at the time and I went , while my husband and other daughter went bungee jumping. It was fun and we enjoyed it. This was before the Hobbit was filmed so there might be more to the tour now. I am a big LOTR’s fan. It was fun to see some of the places but the film industry does wonders with sections of films so it won’t be exactly as you saw in the movie, but it was interesting and I thought fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file