South Africa Elegant Adventure

My husband and I are considering South Africa elegant adventure for September 2019. How beneficial is the small group upgrade for this tour. We have been on numerous Tauck tours and have never upgraded and have been more than satisfied. For those that have taken this tour I would appreciate your opinion on this.

Comments

• I was on this tour last September. It was not a "small group" departure. We were a group of 24 and I found it to be the best of my 5 Tauck tours, not that all of them weren't excellent. I felt Tauck managed the group exceedingly well and size was never an issue. In the Sabi Sabi Game Reserve we were divided into two groups across two lodges as the lodges are not large, though they are quite elegant. At dinner we all ate together, visiting both lodges on separate evenings. On the game drives we were further divided into groups of 6 for each safari vehicle. In my opinion the small group upgrade isn't necessary, but that's clearly a personal choice based on your desires and expectations. This is a fantastic trip, I don't feel you'll go wrong with either choice.
  • edited February 2018
    We did this trip last September as a Small Group (approx 24) and really enjoyed it. We felt that we got to know our fellow travelers much better, and it always felt less crowded as we did the tour. We like the Small Group concept feel so much that we have two more Small Group trips booked (Canadian Rockies and Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos). The SA Elegant Adventure trip was just fantastic. It was a great mix of history, culture, game drives, scenery, and wonderful food, wine and accommodations. We are exploring another African trip with Tauck a few years from now.