attire

Hello,
My husband and I are going in September for the Classic week tour, staying a few extra days before in Florence and 2 extra days at the end . Since we are only allowed one piece of luggage per person, Did you change during the day from day to night? Did you need dresser clothes for at night? Thanks for the info.

Comments

• edited March 2018
    In short, yes and yes. If you want to fit in...Italians are always smartly dressed. While you do not need to bring out the Crown Jewels and your formal wear, you should bring some smart casual clothes for evening. Do not wear your tennis shoes or your Keens with socks...bring some smart flats (or, if you are brave, some nice heels), throw in whatever nice outfits you wear best (slacks? dress? nice blouse? smart sweater and scarf?...just ideas). I am not sure what tour you are on as you mention Classic week. The Classic tour is 14 days, but since you are starting in Florence, I assume that is not your tour...but that does not matter. You can easily pack into one 25-inch suitcase for a month if you plan carefully. Utilize packing envelopes or cubes. Plan your wardrobe to co-ordinate and reuse outfits. You will love, love Italy!!
  • I agree with everything that Joyce said. However, if you find yourself wanting clean clothes there are some laundromats in the tourist areas. These can be found using Google maps.