Options

Grand Australia New Zealand April 16 2018 trip

We just got back from this tour and all I want to say was it was fabulous.

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to hear details. I'm going in October.
  • Options
    We were on this trip several years ago and it was fabulous. The Tauck itinerary gives you a good idea of what the trip includes. A few ideas from our trip. Arrive a few days early as there is much more to see in the Melbourne area. Check the temperatures and think about layers. We had 100 degrees at Uluru and 40’s on the South Island of New Zealand. Silky Oaks was a good place to use washers and dryers. Be prepared for two weeks of great experiences.
  • Options
    We took the Grand Australia/New Zealand trip this past October. I agree that you need to be prepared for all kinds of weather. Temperatures in Uluru were more moderate for us - in the 80's. But when we got to the South Island in New Zealand, one of the first things we did was buy sweatshirts to wear under our jackets. It is a wonderful itinerary and as you no doubt have come to expect with Tauck, they do a great job of handling logistics so your trip should be a smooth one with your time maximized (especially with the chartered plane trips). Our tour director and the local guides were very knowledgeable and provided interesting information that added to our appreciation of the sites and culture. If you are interested, I posted pictures from our trip at sharingtravelmemories.com. Enjoy your trip!
  • Options
    Thanks, cvc. I checked out your blog, with photos from the Skippers Canyon at Queenstown I have found when traveling that it's always going to be colder than advertised. (Though it could be me...I'm almost always cold.) Good thing someone invented those puffy jackets/coats that pack into practically no space!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file