Options

Michelin restaurants in San Sebastian

Going on the Parador tour of October 12th, 2018 and understand San Sebastian has several Michelin restaurants. Anyone have a suggestion?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    ARZAK
  • Options

Arzak looks wonderful. I see tasting menus start at $225, w/o wine lol; no a la carte. Not all Michelin stars come with high prices btw.

• Options
    edited March 2022

If you wish to experience traditional Basque cuisine, I would recommend going to the Parte Vieja (Old Town) area where you will find an abundance of pintxos (the Basque version of tapas) bars. It is also fun since how you are charged is by the number of toothpicks left on your plate. You point to what you want and when done, the number of toothpicks are counted and you are charged accordingly. You are also on the honor system. It might be best to take a guided walking tour if you are unfamiliar with the process and customs. The hotel and/or tour director can assist in finding a packaged walking tour. Given COVID, however, the procedures may have changed.

• Options

I toured this colorful region in 2016 on Natl. Geo's old cruise itinerary, Lisbon to Bordeaux. We ate lots of pintxos. I love the red-topped toothpicks and still have my collection. I'm ready for a return visit!

• Options

A couple in our group went to a Michelin Star restaurant for lunch, spent hundreds for lunch and were notimpressed. Meanwhile the rest of us had a great time hanging around sampling pintxos.

• Options

I believe it was at ARZAK in San Sebastien when I was on that same Tauck tour. My Tauck director on that tour helped set it up for me for lunchtime. After the delicious multi course meal, I had an opportunity to speak with both the Chef and his souschef daughter (who served as the translator as she knew English). A great experience. :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file