Options

Ireland and/or Scotland

Which would be the best trip to include opportunities for golf for my husband? I don't play but he is an avid golfer and I would love to surprise him with the golf. I'm looking at Sept or Oct for the trip. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    I am a Tauck Traveler and have been on several wonderful Tauck Tours!

We are planning on the Best of Ireland Trip this Summer and I would suggest that there is Not Enough Time that we will be Left Alone to play a round of Golf!

A few years ago, we had also done the England, Scotland and Wales Tour and I wanted very much to play a round in Scotland but there wasn't enough Time!

These Tours are so full of wonderful things to see and do but Alas, Golf isn't one of them!
  • Options
    We took the Tauck Spain & Portugal tour in 2010. While others lounged on the beach during our 2-day stay in Marbella, two of us went to the Santa Maria Golf & Country Club. Our great TD, Joe P., helped set up that wonderful outing.
  • Options
    You know, now that Rabo has said that I want to make a comment that there might be a day or two for you to disappear away from the Group for a Day!
    You might have to co-ordinate this with our Tour Guide but it is Possible! It might be tough but nothing is never 100% Impossible! Our Tour guide might even have done this before and knows exactly when and where it might be easier for you!
  • Options
    Look at tour itineraries. If they say day/afternoon/morning to spend at your leisure, that means your leisure could be golf. Not all tours have this. Don't take it for granted because there may not be a nearby course, ask. The ones that don't mention "explore at your leisure" could be difficult to squeeze in a golf round.
This discussion has been closed.