Options

Age range of guests on Tauck Canadian Rockies/Glacier National Park

What is the typical age range of the guests on these tours?

Comments

• Options
    It can vary enormously. In my general experience of Tauck tours (not the family tours ... Bridges) is that they often have a high proportion of retirees and that can be anything from mid-50s to late 80s. On the Glacier NP tour I did last July, there was a grandmother and her GD ... a college grad present from GM and the rest ... I'd say most were 65+. Not including me!! By way of contrast, I also did a New England tour last June. There was a grandmother with her grandees ... 10 and 15. And they fitted right in. They really did. Well behaved and enormous fun. The rest of us were 40s, 50s & 60s I'd say. In my experience over 14 trips, I really wouldn't say there is a typical age. I have heard that travel agents "say" older retirees, but I haven't always found that. Maybe ladies just carry their ... wisdom ... better? ;)

If you are worried about dealing with getting about ... you need to be able to get around on your own 2 feet (not being flippant). If you have a wonky knee or altitude bothers you, why not consider taking a walking pole with you? If there is anything that might bother you, I'd say it could be altitude induced rather than extreme hiking induced. (My personal experience here!) And that can have absolutely nothing to do with age or general fitness to travel.
This discussion has been closed.