Canyonlands Tour Tips from October 2019
Recently returned from our amazing Canyonlands tour and wanted to share a couple of tips:
1) The tour is a fairly fast paced overview of the spectacular Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon, Bryce and Zion parks. Getting up for sunrises and keeping up with the itinerary can be tiring, but the beauty and amazing scenery and tours made it all worthwhile!
2) Clothing layers in October are definitely needed. We had brought the appropriate layers which included light gloves, hats, and scarfs in addition to layered outerwear jackets. Some people on the trip found they were not prepared for a couple of the cold mornings.
3) Comfortable, casual clothing worked well throughout the trip. Good footwear for touring and hiking worked best. Dressing up a bit more for the first and last night dinners was generally the case.
4) All the details for each day's adventure are handled extremely well by your tour guide. This was our first Tauck Tour, and we were impressed with the attention to detail by our knowledgeable and accommodating guide and excellent coach driver.
5) Adding a night before and again after the tour was definitely enjoyable. We suggest visiting the Musical Instruments Museum in Phoenix/Scottsdale--an experience which is way beyond what you might imagine it to be!