Options

China, Yangtze River & Hong Kong-eastbound, May 10

My husband and I just returned from the May 10 eastbound tour. What a marvelous experience! This was our first visit to China, as well as our first Tauck tour. Our guide, Gary Andrews, had just the right touch—combining facts with low-key humor and effectively keeping our group on schedule. The individual city guides were excellent as well. Our fellow tour members were a well-traveled, compatible group, which made the trip even more enjoyable. The hotels and riverboat exceeded our expectations--and despite all the walking we did, I managed to gain 1.5 pounds. The food was simply too good to resist. Sigh.

We're still trying to digest all that we saw and experienced. The people and land surprised us in so many ways. We definitely can appreciate the jokes about the construction crane as the national bird and hanging laundry as the national flag! But we'll also remember the karst formations along the Li River and the sampan experience along the Shennong Stream . . . and so much more. What a land of contrasts.

This discussion has been closed.