Any tips or new reviews from 2022 Savoring France cruisers?

Seems like people were concerned before April and not many comments since then. Anyone have any advice or reviews from April 2022? I'm going on the May 8th tour and will report back later.

Comments

• I did out a lengthy review of my trip in April so did a co traveler that was on the same trip. Go and have a great time, food was great and service was great. No complaints from me. :)

• Mitch, if you go to the discussions under Savoring France: Paris, Lyon &Provence…there are 5 or 6 threads. If you have other questions, 3 or 4 of us posted about the April trips. Only 2 trips have happened. We enjoyed our itinerary, weather and experiences.

• Thank you, found them and read them, very helpful. Is there anything you wish you had brought that wasn't on the list? Do I really need to bring a suit coat and tie? Just trying to pack light and don't want to forget anything or bring anything unnecessary.

• If you can find the space I would definitely recommend packing a sport coat for the 2 evening dinners off the ship - Fouquet’s in Paris and at Uzes. My husband would question the need to pack a jacket but then always thanked me for packing it in my suitcase. He said he felt comfortable blending in with the other male diners.

• I concur with Patrice regarding taking a sport coat. My husband's favorite jacket is a black and white tweed that he can also wear as an open jacket with a nice sweater on chilly evenings...very European!. It is also nice to dress up a bit for the farewell dinner on the ship. This is simply our preference, certainly not a requirement.

• Great points, I've picked out a sport coat and making the room.

• Have a great trip, Mitch, and please post a review when you return. Bon voyage!

• I would also add that on our recent trip, about 80% of the guys wore a coat and tie at the two evenings Patrice mentioned. Others may say that it isn't necessary, true...but for the two venues, it was so sharp to see our good looking guys in their coat and ties! Enjoy...it's a great trip.

• I will be leaving August 9th on my first Tauck riverboat cruise. Anyone..please give me any tips on packing, excursions, Paris restaurants etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file