Options

COVID and this tour

Getting a bit nervous about encountering COVID on this tour. If we test positive at the end, we will quarantine in Madrid, change our flights, etc. Not the worst this thing ever. But, if we test positive along the way we will be stuck in some pretty out of the way places. On our previous trip to Spain we found English was not widely spoken. We have the insurance package through Tauck. Does anyone have any experience with this occurring on this tour and how things went? Any advice?

Comments

• Options

I can’t give you any insight on Spain, but can comment on a couple of things from our recent Italy Small Groups tour.

In a conversation with our tour director, she mentioned that a couple from her last tour had tested positive and were stranded in Venice. She had been in ongoing contact with them. I am not sure when they actually made it home.

On day 7 of our tour we were in San Martino In Campo at the Alla Posta dei Donini hotel. In the afternoon we took a stroll around the hotel grounds and into town. Coming back, we saw a van and driver who turned out to be the same driver we had in Rome. We recognized him and he recognized us. We asked him why he was here, a 2 ½ to 3 hour drive from Rome. He said he was picking up some Tauck people who had been quarantined with Covid and taking them to the airport. We asked the tour director later and she confirmed that some people tested positive during the previous trip and had to quarantine. They must have had symptoms to have to test during the middle of the trip. Tauck must have arranged for the airport transfer. We believe that Tauck will not leave anyone stranded on their own.

One thing I can say from personal experience is that there is an elevated stress level at the end of the trip knowing that if you test positive you will be stranded until you test negative. I am hopeful that this testing requirement for US entry ends soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file