Options

Dutch Waterways Fall 2022

We have rescheduled our Tauck Tour from 3 years ago. We are doing Amsterdam to Amsterdam, 8 days, at the end of September 2022. We will be spending 7 nights in Amsterdam when we return from our cruise. Any suggestions or things to do and places to eat? Any input from those who have taken this trip in the past and can give some insight into the excursions offered. I'm having trouble finding information about Amsterdam on the Tauck forums.
Terry

Comments

• Options

Just google things to see and do in Amsterdam. That’s a good way to start, then when you see things that interest you, you can ask questions about if anyone has been to them.

• Options

Amsterdam has been discussed many times in different threads. I wrote a very long review of our Budapest to Amsterdam cruise back in 2019 with details of what we did in Amsterdam on the 3 days we added on our own. I would also recommend getting Rick Steves Pocket Amsterdam guide as it has loads of info and is small (easy to carry).

• Options

I see your tour includes the Rijksmuseum. There’s so much to see there, you may want to go back. Also, the Van Gogh museum and Ann Frank House are must-sees. Both tickets should be purchased in advance and are for timed admission.

Seven days may be a lot for Amsterdam. You might consider taking the a day trip by train or a bus tour to Brussels and/or Bruges. We enjoyed those stops on our recent Holland and Belgium in Spring cruise. The windmills at Kinderdirk were also quite interesting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file