how dressy for dinner on Tauck Inside Passage on Silversea?

Hi--we're so excited to be heading off on this trip next week! I've seen some older posts on this topic, but was hoping for more current input.
That is, can my husband can leave his sport jacket at home and be ok for dinner? if we don't go to the Dame for dinner, will a sport or polo shirt be ok for dinner in the other dining areas? thanks very much!

Comments

• edited July 2022

I recently viewed the ship's website for this trip since we hope to take the tour in 2024. There are two evenings wherein jackets for men (ties optional) and dresses or dress slacks for women are required for dining in the main restaurant. You can always dine at the more casual venues at any time.

If you can, please post a review of your experiences. Enjoy!

• I recently went on the Alaska Inside Passage trip with Silversea, not Tauck. Silversea uses the Silver Muse and the Silver Shadow for the Alaska itinerary. I was on the Muse, the larger ship. I believe Tauck uses the Silver Shadow. They are both beautiful. The ships are dressier than Tauck river boats especially on the "formal" night. People dress up for dinner at most venues except for The Grill. La Dame is certainly worth a visit but you would need the sports jacket. Whatever you would wear for a Tauck welcome dinner or special night out would be appropriate for dinner on the ship. A dress or pants with a nice top would work for women and a collared shirt and slacks or an added sports jacket would be appropriate for men. In general the dress on the Alaska cruise was more casual than other Silversea trips I have taken. You will have a fabulous time!

• okay great, thank you & I will post a review--never been to Alaska before so we're really looking forward to it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file