Options

spain/ portugal 14 days anyone on this tour this summer? would love to hear how you liked it????

Jo here from charlotte. I plan on going on they trip oct 5 till oct 18th. anyone been on it????? would like to hear if you thought there was too much free time, and how the food was even though you paid for 5 meals yourself and 7 lunches. hope to hear from you...

Comments

• Options

The Spain and Portugal tour remains our favorite European land tour. The itinerary has changed somewhat through the years. I do not recall having too much free time at all. The cuisine is wonderful, especially if you prefer fish and vegetables. I will try to find my many comments and will point you in the right direction.

• Options

My comments are scattered across multiple threads. The Spaniards (and to a lesser extent, the Portuguese) eat supper quite late. I highly recommend Plaza Mayor in Madrid for its delightful, but crowded, market. You will also find many tapas bars in the surrounding area. In Lisbon, the best restaurants are the mom and pop shops that you will find in and along the old Jewish quarter. Your tour director will have many suggestions, as well.

Enjoy. The Iberian Peninsula is rich in culture, architecture, the arts and cuisine. October is also a perfect time to visit.