After attempting to contact Tauck Air Dept yesterday and giving up after being on hold 30 minutes then later 45 minutes, I got up before 6am my time today to be able to call them when the lines open. Thankfully only 10 minute wait. I learned some things on this call.
- During my hold times yesterday I was never given the call back option (or in fact any idea where I was in the queue) and I mentioned that to the agent. Apparently the Air Dept phone system doesn't provide the Call Back option.
- Those confusing repeated air itinerary emails we get and can't figure out what changed -- those are generated by the airlines and Tauck has no control nor ability to highlight the changes. They can be a variety of changes - times, flight numbers, aircraft, etc.
- If you are traveling with a group that's been linked in their system you can make reservations for all BUT their passport information, full names, etc must be on file with Tauck.
- Once you have your reservations and the confirmation number don't be tempted to go into the airlines website and change the seat assignments. It CAN change the fare that Tauck is charged causing problems. You're supposed to call Tauck air and make the changes.
A live and learn moment way!!!! to early in the day.
PS - 2023 airfare is still high - I don't care what the news keeps saying about airfares coming down.