Options

Ult Alp and Dolomites Including Oberammergau Part 2

see part 1 first -
This family of 6 started acting VERY tired, sleeping on the bus, eventually started wearing a mask on the bus - --- then started saying that the Fortress in Salzburg had mold in it and they are allergic to mold and that is why they are ALL sick - BUT we all knew better !! They never tested - Tauck or our TD never made them test - but from there on out, we only saw them on the bus. They never showed up for meals or tours for the day. The rest of us kept asking why they aren't forced to test or leave the tour - and apparently, Tauck can't 'make' them !!!

You better believe all of us put this on our evaluation. I'm a nurse and there were two Physicians on the trip and we were livid and very vocal. While no one wants to leave a trip - when you are so sick that you just USE the Motor Coach for transportation to get to the Final Destination - you need to be forced to exit the trip. They exposed the rest of us. The two ladies from Australia who masked all the time, one of them came down with Covid that 2nd to last day and we never saw her again - by then we were at our final hotel, but she missed our farewell dinner. No one else really showed symptoms. So we lost a couple on day # 5 in Salzburg - they dropped out. The Family of 6 started coughing like crazy and sleeping on the bus on day # 6-7 --- but they never left the trip, only used the bus for transportation and we never saw them at meals or tours on day #9- 13.

Overall, we loved this tour - the scenery was unbelievable. The MANY pre-set meals were a disappointment for such an expensive trip. I'd have rather been able to choose from a menu, or had more meals that were 'on our own'

My husband started with a very mild cough on day #11 (out of 13 days) -- he never 'felt' bad at all. I had very mild congestion on day #13 - our last day. We really felt fine. We didn't take tests with us. On our final day there, at breakfast, many others said that had a very mild cough or congestion - SO.......

We tested the second we got home - BOTH positive - our 1st time with Covid. It was so super mild, we both returned to work, double masked --as we as a world must learn to live and move on with this-- as it's not going away.

We hope we are 'protected' now that we just had it - since we are going back to huge crowds in Austria and Germany in November with Tauck - we don't plan to get shot #5 (Omicron Specific) but will get a flu shot before we go.

Again - just to reiterate, I do think we have to learn to live and travel with Covid, as it's not going away -- but when people on a tour are so sick that all they do is use the MotorCoach to get to the final destination and are too sick to tour and eat - they need to be forced to leave the tour.

On the PLUS side, we loved this itinerary and can't wait to travel with Tauck in NOV/DEC of 2022, Dec of 2023, and Sept of 2024.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file