Options

Holland and Belgium in Spring ~ April 2024

Just booked this trip and will be eager to hear from others who may be joining us!

Comments

• Options

Not a Tauck trip but we toured Belgium and The Netherlands summer 2023. Cobblestone streets and sidewalks EVERYWHERE. Be sure you have a thicker-soled shoe to handle the surface. Sneakers/tennis shoes will cause sore feet. It was hot and humid (for them who average low 70's days that time of year) but we went in July. It's wonderful. You will really enjoy your trip.

• Options

We took the Rhine Cruise from Basel, Switzerland to Amsterdam in late April 2017. We docked in Amsterdam and extended our trip for another few days which gave us enough time to see the end of the tulip season in the Keukenhoff Gardens (spectacular) and some time on our own to visit Bruges. Judging from my photos the weather was cool to cold with some rain but not enough to ruin the experience. If your trip does not include the tulips or Bruges I would definitely schedule it on your own. My additional suggestions would be the night time walking tour (Viatour I think) of the red light district in Amsterdam and a visit to the Van Gogh museum (much better than the Riijksmueum in my opinion. Dress warmly, eat chocolate and be very wary of the everpresent bicycles. Most important, have fun