Options

Savoring France: Paris, Lyon & Provence, Sept-7-2024

Looking to make friends with fellow travelers of this tour. 👋

Comments

• Options

I took this fabulous tour before the world was forced to shut down because of COVID-19. You will truly savor your way along the Rhone and experience some wonderful and fun excursions...and food...and wine. Have a glorious adventure.

• Options

This was a fabulous trip we took last summer. I hope you enjoy!

• Options

Thanks @kfnknfzk and @Mimitravels - care to share you favorite excursions?

• Options

amyhummers - I have to agree with kfnknfzk on the excursions. We also enjoyed the Sophie Pic cooking school with lesson on wine and cheese pairings. Le Cordon Bleu was so much fun and the macaroons were so delicious! We also chose one of the bike tours. ( Les Faux-de-Provence) It was a beautiful (easy) ride from on top of a hill going down most of the time. We also arrived in Paris a couple days early and had booked a Ballet. It was very close to the Tauck hotel. Paris also has so many really great restaurants to try. The ships crew were fantastic as well as the fun activities onboard. I won't spoil the surprises. Enjoy your time!

• Options

@Mimitravels and @kfnknfzk - thank you both so much for your posts! We’re so looking forward to this!

• Options

I don't think you will be disappointed. Please consider posting a review of your experiences after your trip. Enjoy!

• Options
    edited January 29

We did a back-to-back with the Brittany, Normandy Loire Valley Tauck tour in 2022. They were very different from each other, but equally great. I absolutely echo Mimitravel's and kfnknfzk's thoughts. It is a wonderful adventure. My hubbie turned down the Ann Sophie Pic school (he was tired) so I went by myself, and he's very sorry he missed it. I am still enjoying the epices douces I brought back from there. Tip: Make sure you look for the daily chef prepared specials in Compass Rose. I tried the alfredo made right in a Parm cheese wheel, and it was so, so good.

• Options
    edited January 25

@BrendaAnderson - thank you so much for adding your thoughts! We are VERY excited! Though I just looked through our itinerary and excursion choices and I don’t see the Sophie Pic School listed anywhere. 😞

• Options

We're going in April and got this in a letter a few weeks ago. Looks like the alternatives will be lovely.

"We are reaching out today with an update regarding your activities on Day 9 of your itinerary. As you may recall from our brochures and website, Day 9 was originally to include a visit to the gourmet cooking school of chef Anne-Sophie Pic in Valence. Ms. Pic, however, has decided to cease operations of her cooking school, and with the school’s closure, we have arranged for you
    to instead enjoy your choice of the following activities:
    ∙ A wine and cheese tasting at a local cooperative winery, with a mini-train ride through the hillside vineyards of Tain l’Hermitage.
    ∙ A chocolate truffle-making workshop with a pastry chef at the acclaimed Valrhona chocolate company, along with a mini-train ride through the hillside vineyards of Tain l’Hermitage.
    ∙ A guided hike through the hillside vineyards of Tain l’Hermitage.

• Options

@BrendaAnderson -
    You are right! I loved the Alfredo made in the parmesan wheel onboard the ms Savor, Christmas Markets Along the Danube last month.

• Options

Jleas - I would suggest this option _ A chocolate truffle-making workshop with a pastry chef at the acclaimed Valrhona chocolate company, along with a mini-train ride through the hillside vineyards of Tain l’Hermitage. We also did the train ride as the hike seemed very long and it was a hot day when we were there last July. We did the chocolate store on our own. The chocolate was delicious! The two wine tastings we did on this trip were rushed and not very well organized. Hope this helps. I am sorry to hear the Sophie-Pik cooking school is closing.

• Options

We enjoyed the mini train/tram through the vineyards although I don't recall there being a chocolate truffle part to it. I think the only addition was the wine and cheese tasting. The train ride was fun, however, with some nice views of the city below.

That is too bad about the closing of Anne-Sophie Pic. It will make me cherish the apron gift even more!

• Options

@Jleas @bobbette @Mimitravels @kfnknfzk - all such helpful messages - thank you! @Jleas - I can’t wait to hear more about your trip, I hope you will post a review out here in the forum! 🇫🇷

• Options

@amyhummers - I, too, am traveling on this trip on Sept 7, 2024. I was last in Paris in October 2000, so I am really looking forward to this trip. Looking forward to meeting you! Food and wine are my top 2 favorite things! LOL!

• Options

@LynnH - AWESOME! Great to meet you! My husband and I also love food and wine - we’re going to get a long splendidly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file