Options

Belgium and Holland in Spring

Has anyone felt like they missed out by going the first of April?

Comments

• Options

I did the trip a few years ago, and after I felt like I may have gone to early. Not everything was in bloom yet. It is a great trip though. Enjoy!

• Options

I am going on the River Cruise Northbound from Brussels to Amsterdam in April 2024. I am arriving several days early in Brussels. I would like suggestions on what specifically to see and if someone can recommend the name of a specific company or local guide so that I can be taken around the city. I am aware that Brussels is a walking city but i cannot walk that far especially on uneven pavement like cobblestone so I would need a driver to take me places which would limit my walking far distances. In addition, although Tauck takes us to Bruge and Ghent-I called and they told me it is only for a few hours in each city. I am thinking of taking the train from Brussels to Bruge for the day. Has anyone done that and is that something you would recommend again I would need a guide.

• Options

gottago - See my suggestion in the thread titled 'Belgium and Holland Northbound.' Good luck to you.

• Options

Gottago: We were in Brussels three days early, too, last year. We saws a lot around the city, but it was a lot of walking. One day, we DID take the train to Brugge, and we were so glad we did. The few hours on the tour were not enough; plus, it was raining. But that is definitely a walking town.

• Options

Kfnknfzk- and jteii-many thanks for your suggestions- we were able to get a guide through toursbylocals and the guide has a car-we will do alittle walking and then his car will take us around Brussels and drive us to Bruges as well the next day-this will help us as we cannot walk distances-

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file