Options

How much time is spent in Lucerne?

Does anyone know how much time is actually spent in Lucerne during the Castles on the Rhine tour? We have a few extra days post-cruise (staying in Zurich) and are planning some day trips. I'm wondering whether a follow-up trip to Lucerne would be worthwhile, or would it not be the best use of our time given the time spent in Lucerne during the cruise? The full itinerary for the trip is unclear regarding how much time is left to explore the city between the trip up Mt. Pilatus and the Swiss Folklore show.

Comments

• Options

When we did our Tauck cruise on the Rhine in 2017 it was part of the Rhine and Swiss Alps tour which included the Jungfrau and not Mt. Pilatus. Our land trip started in Bern, the boat was from Basel to Amsterdam along the Rhine. We began our land trip in Zurich for about 3 days on our own and then Tauck chauffeured us to Bern. There are some good restaurants and interesting walks and scenic boat rides in Zurich. Also, plenty of chocolate shops. Our tour included a several hour stay in Lucerne which gave us enough time to see the covered bridge have lunch, do a short walking tour and visit many of the chocolate shops. In my opinion there was enough time to cover the basics in Lucerne and I probably wouldn't plan a return trip there. Best suggestion is to call Tauck and/or research any sites that interest you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file