Options

Malta to Monte Carlo

We are going on the trip from Malta to Monte Carlo May 15. Interested in meeting fellow travellers or advice from previus travelers.

Comments

• Options
    Hi - My husband and I are going on that trip too. We're from the Los Angeles area. This is our first Tauck trip, and we're really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    We're doing the southbound trip in October and would also love to hear from previous travelers. I'd also like to hear what people have to say about the accommodations on the ship. This is our second trip with Tauck and very excited to be going!
  • Options
    We are looking forward to meeting you! This is our 10th trip. Tauck trips are the best! We have friends who were on the Le Ponant a couple of years ago and they loved it. Bert
  • Options
    Message to Bert - We'll look forward to meeting you and hearing about your previous Tauck adventures. We've done several cruises with a small ship company called CruiseWest (South Pacific, Costa Rica, Baja), but sadly, after 67 years they went out of business. This is our first trip to Europe together. I am wondering how warm of a jacket to bring for being on the deck of the ship when we're sailing. (By the way, my husband's name is also Bert!)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    To Betsy: we didn't even need a jacket on the Windjammer, but that was August. Probably a light windbreaker. I will ask my friend. We are arriving a day early, are you? I use a nickname, Bert, my husband is George. We will enjoy telling you about our other Tauck trips. It is hard to pick a favorite.
  • Options
    You will absolutely LOVE Le Ponant. I don't know where your Cabin is located. Fortunately, we were in Cabin #2, and it was very comfortable. I would imagine that all the Cabins are most acceptable. The Crew on the Ship were wonderful. The Captain was very friendly, and available to the Guests. He would even be Aft, helping swimmers up the ladder, and off the Zodiacs. Being able to eat breakfast, lunch, and some dinners, outdoors, was a particular delight. We went in September. It was in the 90's in Malta, and in the 80's the rest of the way. I don't remember ever putting on a sweater, even on deck. If you are going in April, it may be a bit cooler. Just keep checking an International Weather site, right up until your departure. The food was fantastic, but the included wine was not up to the expectations we had for French Wine.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the information about LePonant. It sounds wonderful! I will keep an eye on international weather as our departure gets closer. Another question: How would you describe the ship's evening dinner attire in contrast to what's worn during the day?
  • Options
    Hello fellow travelers, I just discovered the forum.
    My husband Lance and I are sailing the Treasures of the Mediterranean northbound on May 15.
    We are from northern NJ.
    We sailed the Treasures of the Aegean southbound last June and it was wonderful! Tauck is wonderful.
    We are in for a fantastic journey together. I look forward to chatting with anyone else going.
  • Options
    Inkpot, thank you for the commentary on the ship. My husband and I are staying in Cabin #2 as well, so I'm thrilled to hear how much you liked it.

I am beyond excited for this trip. The video of the ports looks absolutely amazing. We are going in October, so I'm thinking it might be a bit cooler than September. I'm OK with that. We're from New England, so we're used to the cooler weather.

Did you go on this particular trip, or a different one? I'd like to get any tips, especially on the shopping!

Thanks,
    Sandra
  • Options
    To Inkpot, how calm was the Mediterranean on the Ponant? Last June we sailed the Aegean on the Wind Spirit and it was calm with no concern for sea sickness. Thank you for advice, Di
This discussion has been closed.