Options

Bridges or not........

Trying to plan a Tauck vacation. We have a 20 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. Trying to decide whether or not we'd like a Bridges tour better or not. Our 14 year old is very mature, loves sight-seeing, etc. My husband was wondering if there would be too many younger kids on the Bridges tour for it to be an optimal experience. We love kids, but not sure about traveling with lots of young ones. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I have not been on a Bridges tour so I cannot tell about the age of the children. I do know that a few years ago I was on a regular tour with a grandfather and his 13-14 year old granddaughter (I do not remember the exact age.) He came on this tour because they had been on Bridges tours and he decided that she had outgrown the Bridges ones. She seemed to enjoy herself sightseeing with the older people. I hope that this might help and maybe someone who travels on Bridges tours can give you a better idea.
  • Options
    I was on a Bridges tour this past summer and there was quite a range of children. The youngest 9 yrs. old and a bubble of 12-13-14 yr.olds and then 16 thru 20 yrs, old. The ages seem to bond about younger and older groups. The kids do seem to get along just fine and my daughter has kept in touch with a couple of the kids she had traveled with on tour.You can call Tauck and they can give you a running total on the ages and sex on each trip that has signed up so far. But as Kathy18 has stated your son would probably also fit right in with the adults.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I did a trip to New England last year. There was a GM with her two GKs ... a boy about 11 & his sister, 15. They had a great time and so did the rest of us. There was great interaction with the kids ... some great photo ops with the 11 yo boy who was more than happy to add a fun pose on command! :)

Have to admit I was surprised how it turned out, but the kids added a special dynamic to the whole group. It was great. Of course, they had perfect manners and were very considerate of the other passengers. You could tell they were having a great time. Win, win.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your responses. Kinda sounds like you can't go wrong.
This discussion has been closed.