Tanzania trip 2/16/13

Mu husband & I would love to meet anyone who is going on this trip. We live in Pittsburgh.

Comments

• My wife and I will be on that trip. We live in Atlanta and look forward to meeting you.
  • atlbowler wrote:
    My wife and I will be on that trip. We live in Atlanta and look forward to meeting you.
    We just got back and it was wonderful except for Kikoti lodge. Don't let them put you in lodge 9 as it needs to be completely redone. Has bats in the walls and smells badly of bat urine and feces
  • Thank you for your information. We are going on May 23rd. We have had some conflicting news on the 220 volt in rooms. My friend has sleep apnea and needs to be able to plug in at night. Do you remember if we need an adapter?

• cmnelson wrote:
    Thank you for your information. We are going on May 23rd. We have had some conflicting news on the 220 volt in rooms. My friend has sleep apnea and needs to be able to plug in at night. Do you remember if we need an adapter?

Hello cmnelson,

Voltage in the lodges is 220 - 240 V. If you plan on bringing electrical devices with you, it is suggested that you bring an electrical converter, with adapter plug set, as few overnight properties have this equipment. The socket configurations vary between the two and three pronged variety, so please bring the entire set of adapters with you.

All Serena Properties in Tanzania have 24 hours of power. All camcorders & digital cameras can be charged at the guest’s convenience. Kikoti Tented camp does not have an electrical socket in the room.

Regarding your friend's sleep apnea, please make sure they contact us at 1-800-788-7885 so that we can make note of it on their account and also inform the tour director.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • We just got back and it was wonderful except for Kikoti lodge. Don't let them put you in lodge 9 as it needs to be completely redone. Has bats in the walls and smells badly of bat urine and [Foul Language]

Hi Grandmavicki,

First of all, I am sorry that you had a bad experience in lodge 9. Did you speak to someone from our Guest Relations department? I have passed along your comments to the Product Managers for this tour to make them aware.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.