Options

Travel alerts - Anyone changhing their plans or canceling?

Hi Everyone,

I just heard the news about Bin Laden's death. We are scheduled to go on the Week in Ireland flying out this Saturday, May 7th. Is anyone else out there re-thinking their trip? In light of Obama's caution about traveling outside of the US until the alert is lifted in August, I am. Am I overreacting?

Suzanne from Ohio

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Hi Suzanne,

I certainly understand your concern. Please know that we are operating all upcoming journeys as originally scheduled and have not experienced atypical cancellations as a result of this recent news; also, as part of our regular operating diligence, we continue to carefully monitor all events worldwide and as always, the safety and security of our guests and employees remain our highest priorities. Also, please note that we also monitor all recommendations made by the U.S. State department and should there be additional advisories and/or escalated warnings about U.S. Citizens traveling abroad, we will update our practices as circumstances require.

Best,
    Tim
  • Options
    Hi Suzanne,
    We are going w/ Tauck to Italy in July & aren't rethinking our trip at all. There are always going to be bad things going on in the world but thats why you just have to go ahead w/ the good things in your life. Enjoy your trip, forget about the bad things in the world for a week & have a great time!!
This discussion has been closed.