Photography equipment

We are going on the June-july8, 2013 Botswana, Zambia S Africa trip. I would like to take my 600mm lens as well as my 120-400mm telephoto. Will that be a problem, weight and roomwise?

Comments

• You may find the 600mm lens (and, I assume, sturdy tripod) to be impractical on this tour. The pace of the tour and space constraints in the "safari" vehicles may seriously limit your ability to use this equipment when you would most like to. I am going on this tour in 2014 and would be interested in what previous travelers think.
  • I agree with Nick, there is not a lot of room in the safari vehicles and most times you don't have a lot of tme to change lenses if you want to get you shot. Everyone is jockying to get the best shot and a big lense will only get in everyones way. A 125 to 400 lenses will be sufficient for most photographers, the only time I saw big lenses was with professionals who had their own vehicle so could take their time figuring their shots out. I took a Nikon d90 with an 18 to85 mm lense and a 55 to 300mm lense and got great shots.
    Gary
This discussion has been closed.