Options

Lucca Travel Options

We are on the Aug 27 Culturious tour. How much free time will we have to do independent exploring? I've read about a garden about 10 km north of downtown Lucca called Villa Reale di Marlia that I'd like to visit. I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get there and what hours and days it is open. I know there is a train that goes north from the Lucca train station that gets with a couple of km, but rather than walking I was curious about the ability to get there by bicycle or motor scooter (availability of either, terrain, safety) or by taxi. Can someone familiar with the area provide any insights?

We are going to stay in Lucca for an extra night after the tour ends with the objective of going to Pisa for the day, and then catching the train on the following day from Lucca to Florence, where we would transfer to the TGV to Rome. A couple of questions, how close is the Hotel Ilaria to the train station. I gather that it will be possible to purchase tickets to Pisa and to Rome via Florence at the Lucca train station. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Anyone else on the Aug 27 tour have post-tour plans for visiting Pisa or Rome?

David
This discussion has been closed.