Options

Here they are - May 2 trip pictures for South Africa, Zambia, Botswana

My husband Charlie took over 4000 photos and has posted the best 100 pictures of our group tour. ENJOY!

https://picasaweb.google.com/101539035896627598948/TauckSouthAfricaZambiaBotswana?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the great pictures!!!

Did you need a telephoto(?) lens to capture many of the animal pictures? My camera (Canon G1 X) does not have the capability to zoom very well but the trade off is the image quality is wonderful. What camera did you use?
  • Options
    TravelGuy wrote:
    Thanks for the great pictures!!!

Did you need a telephoto(?) lens to capture many of the animal pictures? My camera (Canon G1 X) does not have the capability to zoom very well but the trade off is the image quality is wonderful. What camera did you use?

He did use a telephoto with a 78-300 Canon Lens to get most of the animal shots. He has a Canon 5D Mark iii. About 70% if the pics were shot at between 200 and 300 mm Two of them were shot with my point and shoot Canon PowerShot SX150is. He purposely downed the quality of pictures for publication.

Hope this helps. As we told our travel group, you can never be equipment limited if you pay the premium to do a Tauck Tour!
  • Options
    I totally loved your photos - you really got some amazing shots. Thank's so much for sharing them. I'm going to South Africa in September and I'm really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Great pictures...loved your action shots. Thank-you for sharing.
  • Options
    KS...The pictures are fantastic. Congratulations to Charlie. I especially like the pictures of birds in flight. Excellent job...Leo M
  • Options
    I just had a chance now to look at these. Boy, were they hard to find once they scrolled off the main page, too. But gee, they were SOOOO worth the search! What great shots. Well done, Charlie! BTW, how much did you have to pay the meerkat to pose for you? I really want to know how you did that!

Cheers.

Jan

This discussion has been closed.