Options

UPDATES ARE VERY CONFUSING--EMILY PLEASE HELP

I realize that Tauck is facing many Challenges right now, but those of us who are awaiting updates of our upcoming riverboat cruises and tours are getting a bit nervous.

The updates are not consistent and not posted in the same places. Some updates are on Facebook and others are on this site. The Facebook page is very confusing and one must hunt through all the replies in hopes of finding an answer to a question regarding a riverboat cruise.

I would be very interested in what is the status of the July 3 cruise and the upcoming July 14 cruise. Will the Altenworth lock be repaired as projected on July 29? Will there be an update on this forum? Will Tauck keep us updated with the delays involved with operation of only one chamber of the lock as opposed to two and how that will affect the cruises. Will that result in skipped ports or shorted port times?

I am leaving for Europe on July 6 and would really like to know where we stand with regard to our cruise. I have been reluctant to ask questions because there were other cruises before us, but with the time getting close, the time has come for some of my questions to be answered as well.
Thanks
TerriB

Comments

• Options
    I would like to strongly echo Terri B. comments. I placed similar questions on Tauck's Facebook page earlier today and have placed phone calls. Very frustrated with Tauck right now...!!
    Janet Aceves
  • Options
    Emily we are also on the July 3 Tour from Budapest to Amsterdam and while the Tauck Travel Advisory addresses the June tours there is no mention of the July tours. We are all anxious and many of us will be leaving in a few days for Budapest and would like some sort of update on what to expect. If this turns into a part bus tour part boat tour I think many of us would cancel. I know we would. Please let us know something. Spending one night in a hotel in Budapest is one thing, but being bussed around this area for multiple days is something different. I believe most of us paid for and were expecting 14 days on the Swiss Jewel as our "floating hotel" while visiting all the beautiful places along the way. Hopefully, that is what we will get.
This discussion has been closed.