Options

Waiting time at Immigration at US airports

Sorry for re-posting but since the Forums are still misbehaving and are not permitting replies to many topics, this is the only way I can reply to the query.

It will also depend on your nationality. If you are a proud alien, like me, you will face a much longer queue than will a US citizen ... quite as it should be. It also depends on the day of the week and time that you arrive. My experience is that Miami has Very long wait times ... up to an hour standing in line, as does US Immigration, pre-travel to the US, in Toronto. San Francisco is usually about half and hour, but if you arrive on a US public holiday you can wait over an hour. The last time I arrived in the US via Boston Logan, my memory tells me .... not much, which means it must have gone smoothly and the standing in line time around the thirty minute mark.

Since your query is about Logan I suspect I know why you are asking. I've just received my travel documents and am wondering how I am ever going to comply with the instructions. Logan has very particular collection and delivery issues and regulations. Can I suggest that you search online for Logan Airport and find the terminal map for your arriving airline. The maps are very clear. If you combine that map with Tauck's instructions, you will actually see where you have to go to collect your limo.

I am concerned by the time constraints contained in the instructions, too. To me it seems completely unrealistic to make it out into the arrival hall, search for a pay phone, of all things, then go to the collection location in the time specified in the travel documentation. After arriving in Boston from a very long haul flight I wonder if I can find me, let alone follow the yellow brick road that leads, hopefully, to the Way Out!

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.