Options

Scotland Trip

Has anyone been on the Scotland tour yet and how dressy is the cocktail party upon arriving? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Tim,

I am taking my first Tauck vacation (A Week in Scotland) on September 4, 2011. Like Sharyon, I would like to known how fancy the dress is for the cocktail party, and evening meals. What about money? Am wondering how much cash to bring: US vs. Euro, credit card, etc?)

Is this the best site to go to in order to hear what others have to say about this trip?

I appreciate any insights you can give.

Thanks,
    Karen
  • Options
    My husband and I are taking the "A Week in....Scotland " tour in August, and I would like the same information that karenmarie requested. This is also our first tour with Tauck. Thanks!
  • Options
    Maryglenn & karenmarie - Scotland and Wales both use British pounds, not euros. My recent experience is that you really don't need to have too much money ahead of time, just hit a cash machine soon after you get there. Credit cards are good option, exchange rate usually reasonable but make sure you know the conversion rate your credit card company will charge.
  • Options
    Hi,

We just returned from the London/Paris trip and the prices in Europe are the highest I have ever seen in the past 40 years of traveling to Europe. We upgraded our Marriott Chase Visa credit card to a Premier level card and there is no foreign exchange fee. Capitol One is the other card which will waive the foreign exchange fee. It only matters when you are spending a lot of money in Europe. We put all our charges on the credit card. We had pounds and Euros handy for small purchases. It was also wonderful that Tauck covers the tips to porters and local guides, even though we usually tipped them a small amount.

My DH wore a long sleeve shirt and dockers to the welcome and farewell parties. I wore my Chico's Travelers pants and tank with a shimmery lightweight top. Since the amount of luggage has gone to 50 lbs (unless you are traveling First Class), he stopped taking a jacket.

Sheila
  • Options
    Scorpio and Sue:
    Thanks so much for the info!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have a question for a Tauck rep or anyone who has recently been on the Scotland tour.:
    It says in the itinerary that on Day 3 we go through Loch Ness. Do we actually stop there or just motor on by? My grandson is obsessed with Nessie and I would, if possible, like to take a picture of Grammy and Grandad at Loch Ness for him.
    Thanks,
    Mary
This discussion has been closed.