Options

Northern Ireland Mourn Mtns

We just booked a June 28 trip for the Best of Ireland. Does anyone know if this trip passes through the Mourn Mountains in Northern Ireland which we were told by friends is a must-see? How many days extra would you advise in Dublin afer the trip ends?

Comments

• Options
    I am booked on the Aug. 30 trip and was curious about the location you mentioned. In the tour books, they are listed as the Mountains of Mourne. Looking at the maps and the tour route, it would seem like they would be visible either on the way into Belfast, or from Belfast on the way to Dublin. On Day 12, the stop is in the town of Downpatrick, which is 14 miles east of Newcastle (the town listed as the main center for visitors to the Mountains of Mourne). If you enjoy hiking and have the time, it sounds like there are some wonderful views when it is clear.
  • Options
    schnapshi,

There are four of us who will be joining this tour. We live in Northern California. Where are you from and when will you be arriving? We will be arriving 8/29. If you would like to contact me directly my e-mail is: lbmilo@comcast.net
  • Options
    Hi Bettyjean,

Shnapshi is quite right about the schedule, and if you choose to stay an extra day past the end of the tour, it should definitely be doable to arrange a day trip to Newcastle. I'd talk about it with your TD when you arrive, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help arrange it for you.

-Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file