Ambassador / Expert / others on use of free day in Melbourne
Our tour starts on April 14th.
We arrive in Melbourne on April 12th at 8:30 a.m.
Since we have 180 degree relaxing seats, hopefully we will sleep 4 or 5 hrs on the plane.
I'm sure since we flew from the east coast we will still need to take a quick nap in Melbourne.
1. If we want to do something after 4:00 p.m. (on day of arrival) what do you suggest?
2. We have a whole day before the tour. Do you suggest a penguin viewing? On Gray Line the tours appear to be 8 hrs or more. I truly don't want to repeat any activity that Tauck will give us.
I was told the penguins come ashore in the evening.
If we do the penguins can you provide another good suggestion during the early part of the day?
Maybe there is another good tour company other than Gray Line.
3. What do you know about Degraves area?
Come to think of it what time does it get dark in Melbourne in April? I don't want to start oout at 4:00 p.m. and discover it is pitch black outside at 5:00 p.m. lol
Since I don't know anything about safety in the area we might need to be careful.