Packing suggestions?

Anyone have any packing tips or suggestions for Australia/NZ in March?

Comments

• Hi Roz,

Layers. March is change over season. I doubt you'd need anything heavy duty, even in the South Island of NZ. And a jacket of some sort … one that will act as a wind breaker. I'm told you guys call such a garment a shell. ;) You might like to pack a light wrap … pashmina, even cotton … that will do double duty as a wrap for evening and as a double-wrap scarf.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Hi roz47,

Just as an FYI, if you go to your specific tour page, in your case http://www.tauck.com/tours/australia-travel/australia-tour-na-2014.aspx, there is a tab that says Before You Go. Under that section you will find a What to Pack section, along with many other helpful tips for your trip!

Enjoy your trip!
    Kristen
  • March is Autumn down there. We went on the tour last October from the UK and were quite comfortable. The red Centre will be hot whenever you go and the Cairns part is in the tropics so will be warm. South in South Island NZ will be the coolest but even at that time of year a light jacket/jumper should be OK. I suppose the most unpredictable will be Wellington where the wind can blow something terrible, and if that comes with cold air you will need something to keep it out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file