Jewish Tour of Shanghai

We are on the east bound tour starting May 8th. I have been in contact with Dvir Ben-Gal, who operates a well known tour of Jewish Shanghai. Is anyone interested in joining us for his tour on the afternoon of May 20th. We need a total of 10 people.

Comments

• we are on the April 22 tour WEST bound and would like to know if anyone is interested on a Jewish Tour of Shanghi or Beijing ?
  • harvb wrote:
    We are on the east bound tour starting May 8th. I have been in contact with Dvir Ben-Gal, who operates a well known tour of Jewish Shanghai. Is anyone interested in joining us for his tour on the afternoon of May 20th. We need a total of 10 people.

We are a group of 4 on this trip and are interested in joining you for the Jewish tour.
  • That's great! I will email Dvir and discuss with him possible arrangements since we are now a total of 6 people.
  • harvb wrote:
    My wife and I are interested in joining the Shanghai tour
  • My husband and I are on the May 11 Best of China tour, but we are free the afternoon of May 20, and we will be in Shanghai. We are interested in the Shanghai Jewish history tour. Also, we are travelling with another couple who may be interested as well.

What time does the tour begin, and how many hours is it?
  • barbieclay & Presneast,

We now have 8 people interested in the tour. However, Dvir requires a minimum of ten people. Hopefully, we will have one more couple interested in joining us.

Harvb

• Rena,

That's great. Dvir's tour will take the full afternoon. Here's the link to his web site. http://www.shanghai-jews.com/

Are you also staying at the Waldorf Astoria?

I will contact him and make the necessary arrangements.

Harvb
  • We are staying at the Fairmont Peace Hotel at 20 Nanjing Road East.

We are scheduled to have lunch at a local restaurant in the Xintiandi neighborhood with Tauck, and we have our farewell reception and at the hotel that evening. I will contact Tauck tomorrow and ask about the timing of the lunch and dinner. Between lunch and dinner nothing is scheduled.
  • I spoke to a Tauck representative. She told me that lunch was scheduled for 12:00 p.m. with a transfer back to our hotel at 2:00 p.m. The farewell reception and dinner is at our hotel beginning at 6:00 p.m. I don't know how that would work, if the tour takes the entire afternoon.
  • Rena,

Dvir's tour starts at 2pm at the Peace Hotel and ends at 5:30pm. Please let me know if you are still interested. I will also contact Dvir and explain the issue and see if he has a suggestion.

Harvb
  • Harvb,

We have a call in to Tauck to figure out if we can get back to the hotel in time for Dvir's tour. They are supposed to get back to us by Monday.
  • Rena,

Ok, thanks please keep us posted.

Harvb

• Harvb,

We finally heard from Tauck that we will be able to be back to the Peace Hotel before 2:00 p.m.

In addition to ourselves, we have two friends who would like to join the tour. (total 4 persons) When do we pay for the tour? How much does it cost?.

Rena
  • Rena,

We pay him when we take the tour. The charge is about $65/person.

Here's his web site for your review.

http://www.shanghai-jews.com/1.htm

See you on the 20th.

Harvb
  • Harvb,

We are looking to meeting you on May 20.

Rena

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file