Week in Venice, Florence & Rome- July13-July 20 2014

We are very excited for our upcoming Italy tour!! Will anyone else on these forums be touring that week?

Comments

• We took the Venice, Florence, Rome week last year 14-21 April. It was a truly wonderful week & group, as was our director Debi, from start to finish. My husband & I love rail travel & were the "onlys" to arrive into Venice by rail coming from a few days in Stresa. After the Tauck week, we took a local train from Rome to Orvieto where we our "meeter" there took us to Todi, also in Umbria, to the apartment we had rented for 10 days. 3 magical weeks in Italy ! You will see so many wonderful sights in each of these cities. The hotels were spectacular. IF you have time in Venice & the interest, take the self tour of the opera house on the same "square" as the Antica Martini restaurant. Gorgeous & fascinating history including a fire, what you would see now is the "after" of the fire. The Tauck week weather was incredibly warm for April, check weather forecasts online for a couple of weeks before you depart. We felt that the week gave us a very thorough look/overview of these 3 cities that we'd not previously visited when in Italy. In Rome, this is not a Tauck inclusion, but do a night time tour with some others in your group by taxi or van. Ask your director or concierge at your hotel. Another travel tip I always do is to get a business card & a map from concierge or desk person at each hotel. The card you can show your taxi driver for the hotel address & the map is so helpful in addition to the other maps Tauck will give you in each of these cities.

If you have questions, I would be happy to answer them. This year we're on our 3rd Tauck, the 2nd riverboat, Rendezvous on the Seine beginning 27 April in Paris.
    Enjoy your week. Stbarthfan in SC
  • Thank you so much!! I am sure we will have lots of questions soon. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file