Arriving early in Anchorage

Arriving a day early. Any suggestions for restaurants or sites to see?

Comments

• I would love to know what recommendations you might have as well. We are going on the June 21st trip and will be arriving on the 20th. Thanks.
  • Would really appreciate it if the Moderator could answer this question. Would love to get some tips. Thanks so much.
  • It has been many years since I have been in Anchorage, but there are tons of things to do and see within walking distance of the Captain Cook hotel. I have nothing specific to suggest, but once there, the hotel staff can direct you to lots of stuff depending on your interests.
  • Hi Cathy,

This is the official tourism site. I'm sure this will give you lots of pointers.

http://www.anchorage.net

Cheers,

Jan
  • There is a bike path that goes around the city...Tony Knowles Bike Path (I think). There is a bike rental store not far from the hotel. Depends on if you are into a bike ride. The path is a long one, but you don't have to take the whole thing. You might even see moose along the way. YouTube has some videos on it. Take a look if you are interested.
  • Great restaurants downtown Anchorage! Here are some local favorites......I have lived here since 1984!
    Club Paris
    Ginger
    Simon & Seafort
    Orso
    Glacier Brewhouse
    Doesn't sound like you will be here for a weekend, but Saturday Market is always interesting! (also open on Sunday)
    The Tony Knowles Coastal Trail is great as an earlier post suggested. I would also recommend Anchorage Museum. check out their website to see what exhibits they have during your visit https://www.anchoragemuseum.org/
    If you have a car, Alaska Native Heritage Center and Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center (the drive here is beautiful) are also winners! Have a wonderful time!! Weather here lately has been AWESOME..hope it stays that way for your visit. But, let's face it....no one comes to Alaska for the weather LOL !
  • PS...if you do opt for the Anchorage Museum, it's a great place for lunch too! The restaurant there MUSE is fabulous!
  • If you are into guns, don't forget to visit Wild West Guns.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file