Options

Tour Reviews ?

Are there any experienced Tauck travellers that have been on a week in ireland.
Am booked in Sept and would love to know what you thought of the tour and any helpful hints. Thanks so much

Comments

• Options
    We did this tour on May 27 and had a wonderful time. We had surprisingly good weather and a new bus with plenty of leg room, a bathroom and comfortable seating. We stayed at Old Ground in Ennis for the first day. The hotel is in a great downtown location and is very nice. The food at the hotel is pricy but there are a lot of nice eateries nearby. We had some great fish and chips at Knots a couple of blocks from the hotel. Dromoland Castle, Hayfield Manor and Westbury Hotel are all top notch places to stay. The wi-fi at Hayfield works great in the lobby and in rooms nearby but in the outer wings it's a little weak. Keep your video camera handy for your stops (secret) on the trip from Dromoland to Cork. You'll also want it for the recital at Fin Barre's Cathederal. This was our first trip with Tauck but we've already booked the Rhine and Moselle river cruise for May 3rd 2012.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your response Mike ! I have one question if you don't mind... Are all the meals at the hotels ? Or are there some nights you go to restaurants ?

Again, thanks for your help.
  • Options
    There are a couple of lunches on your own and at least one supper in Dublin. We went to the "Tasting Room", and while it was exceptionally good, was over rated and over priced. It also had 'dainty' servings. I would go with one of your tour Directors recommendations for your free night in Dublin.
  • Options
    How about the included meals ? How was that ? Thanks so much.
  • Options
    Hi, we took this trip in 2007 so while it is a little different now than it was I can give you a little review of how it was. In a word-terrific! It was our 2nd Tauck tour & we have now done 6-so we love the company. To start, Dromoland Castle is gorgeous, make sure you have your camera at all times & be sure to visit the walled garden, it's beautiful. We had a free afternoon there so my husband played golf at the hotel-if you are golfers you might want to look into that. The Cliffs of Moher were stunning, you won't be able to stop staring. the Ring of Kerry & Blarney Castle were great (we didn't kiss the stone but did go up to the top to see the view). The train to Dublin was fine & Dublin was ok (we prefer countryside to city) but it was interesting to see the Book of Kells. Our guide was Mary-if you have her you are in luck-she was terrific! It was a great trip & several years later we are still talking about it. Hope this helps, have a great trip:)
  • Options
    I took the best of Ireland tour a few years ago and it was fabulous, anyone taking this tour will love it. Beautiful, fabulous accommodations and wonderful stories of Ireland by our tour guide. Will do it again one of these days.
This discussion has been closed.