Options

TWO CARRY ONS....POSSIBLE!

can we get away with one soft duffle bag and one carryon...bare bones...necessaries only....did it on a five day vegas trip, no problems....plus our personal bags, of course....are we expected to "dress up"...sports jackets, dress shoes etc for the welcome and good by dinners?

Comments

• Options
    This is a great trip and very very casual. No sports jackets, dress shoes or even dresses needed. I went in the summer and shorts, capris, walking shoes and sandals for dinner even at the welcome and farewell dinner in Vegas was the fashion for this trip. If you are going in the fall or early spring then probably want to take some casual slacks and jeans. When I was on the trip there was plenty of room for two carry-ons but maybe others could weigh in on that topic. A wonderful casual outdoor trip.
  • Options
    yes you can. I went on this trip two years ago. noone dresses up . even jeans are OK at dinners.
  • Options
    THANKS, GUYS....sounds like our kinda trip...Our first trip with Tauck, we all overpacked and regretted it....we are gonna do it!
    simple and smart...the way to go........
  • Options
    The first time we traveled we overpacked, but now we, too, are only using 2 pieces of luggage. We've been to canyons in the in the past and are looking forward to returning in mid October. Our first nite was scheduled at the Four Seasons but has been changed to the Westin and wonder how they compare. Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Options
    HEY, THEBEAN....
    We, too, are taking the October 11 canyonlands trip....anyone else doing this trip?....we are from NY.....
    oh BTW...have heard the WESTIN in SCOTTSDALE is a nice hotel.....I know the one in BEANTOWN IS LOVELY!......
    WHAT is your experience, oh great Tauck nomads?....................
  • Options
    Hi aknowel,

Yes, you should definitely be able to manage with one piece of soft-sided luggage and a carryon on this trip, and a carryon. This is definitely a very casual trip, so don't worry about packing a jacket or tie or anything like that.

-Tim
  • Options
    aknowel wrote:
    can we get away with one soft duffle bag and one carryon...bare bones...necessaries only....did it on a five day vegas trip, no problems....plus our personal bags, of course....are we expected to "dress up"...sports jackets, dress shoes etc for the welcome and good by dinners?

Hi Aknowel, we are taking the same tour and we are really looking forward to it. We are arriving Monday morning. Looking forward to seeing you at dinner
    Roy and Sharon from South Florida

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file