Options

Travelers on the September 12,2014 South African Elegant Adventure

We will be on the September 12, 2014 South African Elegant Adventure and wonder whom else might be joining us?
We live in South Carolina.
Tireddoc

Comments

• Options
    I'm leaving Thursday on the Tanzania and Kenya safari, but I was wondering where in SC you live---as I'm in Greenville :)
    Sheila
  • Options
    Sheila,
    Daufuskie Island
  • Options
    We are traveling on the Sept 12 Elegant South Africa trip. We live in Florida and Massachusetts. Do you know anything about taking malaria pills?
  • Options
    Yes, Malarone (has a generic)250mg/100mg taken 1 tablet every day beginning 2 days before travelling and 7 days after leaving endemic area. This is the most commonly used antimalarial and has the least side affects. We'll(2 couples) be joining the tour after spending a week travelling on Rovos Rail and whale watching.
    Tiredoc
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    We are on the Sept/ 12 South African Adventure. We are from Evansville In. We are leaving on 9/8 arriving in Johannesburg on 9/9. We are coming in an extra day early. We have done Tanzania and Kenya. This will be a new experience for us. Had friends that did this one last year with Tauck and said it was wonderful. We will be taking the malarone for malaria since Kruger is a known area for malaria.
  • Options
    Navigator1,
    Look forward to meeting you all. My wife is from Evansville and all her family still reside there. Also, will be interested to hear of your Tanzania & Kenya trip.
  • Options
    We are arriving in Cape Town on Sept 11, coming from Boston.
  • Options
    Just noticed there are 2 Elegant Adventures - one is Sept 10 and one is Sept 12. We will be on one starting Sept. 10. Sorry to have posted on the Sept. 12 forum.
  • Options
    We are from Houston and arriving in Cape Town late on the 10th. Haven't really mapped out the pre-tour agenda but possibly a day tour to the country and the on/off town bus assuming it will be going places the Tauck tour does not.
  • Options
    Maydesign & Spoofy,
    We look forward to seeing you all. Our friends, who took this tour last year, say the Waterfront shops are fun to visit as are the Gardens and the hospital museum where the first heart transplant took place. We are going to the "Greenery" for dinner. Also plan to take the town "trolley/bus tour.
    Tiredoc