What is there to do at the Keltic Lodge?(Canadian Maritimes)

I hope previous travelers can advise on what's available to do at the Keltic Lodge. I'm on the 9/2/14 trip and, while I'm delighted to have so much free time there, I would like suggestions on what to do while there. Any ideas?

Comments

• Hello there. You are in for a treat!! Keltic Lodge is at the top of the world famous Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
    This is truly one of the most beautiful areas of the world. Some of the things you can do while there are cycling, wonderful hiking trails, a world class golf course on the premises, going to local lobster festivals and many local music venues. This area is filled with gifted musicians, and you may be lucky enough to attend a local dance with fiddle music and dancing.
    If you have any interest in photography, this is a gorgeous area to take fabulous pictures, whether from the Lodge or walking along the beach. Have fun.
  • Thanks for the quick reply, Avellino. I'm delighted to know about that local i.e. Celtic music is available and I will be sure to brush up on my photography skills. All the best, Trish
  • Have the staff pack a lunch for you and take the full hike....you will feel like you are at the end of the continent! My sister and I enjoyed this while our mum and brother had a terrific golf experience! Loved the tour...not a dull moment was had! Enjoy!
  • You can go cycling, or hiking there.. Nice place.. :)
  • I hope previous travelers can advise on what's available to do at the Keltic Lodge. I'm on the 9/2/14 trip and, while I'm delighted to have so much free time there, I would like suggestions on what to do while there. Any ideas?
    Hope this isn't too late....

There is a nice spa according to my wife) and I played the golf course...outstanding! Some people who didn't play golf, rented a golf car and drove the course in the evening. Terrific views.

There is a pool on campus and plenty of trails.

John
  • See if you can catch a couple of episodes of Fawlty Towers on YouTube, too. The classic English comedy will provide valuable information for surviving the … quirky … service standards at Keltic Lodge. The setting is divine. The hotel … um … let's just say pretensions of normality abound.

And if you suffer from car sickness (on uneven and windy surfaces, perhaps) pray that your seat rotation does not take you to the rear of the coach for the journey on and off the island. Pray very hard. Or dose yourself up. The road for the Cabot Trail itself is much better. No need to worry too much about that day on the road. It's the journey in and out that's diabolical. And will be made worse by an atypically uncaring TD. Let's hope he's moved on…..

Cheers,

Jan
  • No one has mentioned whale watching as a good thing to do in Cape Breton while at the Keltic Lodge. My husband and I are going on the Canadian Maritimes in August 2015 and the brochure mentions whale watching as an option. Any opinions on this? Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file