Clothes for China on Sept 2nd

I can't seem to get a good handle on the clothes for the Sept. 2 trip to China West.
We are told that we need to pack very lightly. At the same time they are saying that we might want to dress up for some of the events. The weather in all of our destinations are very warm now and on the other hand we are told it could get very chilly, so we should "layer". We also have to be prepared for rainy weather

This all adds up to a lot of different clothes and it seems like my suitcase is getting heavier.

We are not travelers who do laundry on vacation.

We welcome all suggestions

Bev & Ed
Ft. Myers, FL

Comments

• Hi Bev & Ed,

Good question! As far as minimizing packing goes while still having enough to last the trip without doing laundry, personally, I'd suggest making sure as much of your clothing as possible is interchangeable. Simply adding or removing a jacket or vest, changing the pants you wear with a shirt or equivalent, and wearing a tee under something else so your nicer clothes don't get sweaty (which I do all the time) can all help extend the life of your clothes while traveling.

Also worth mentioning is that there are a few stretches in the trip where you will be at the same hotel for a few days in a row. You will stay at the Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, aboard the Yangzi Explorer, and at the Waldorf Astoria Beijing for three nights or more. If it's that you don't want to pay the rates for the hotels to do your laundry (quite understandable), you might be able to handwash some essentials and hang them to dry at each of those locations. If it's that you don't want to deal with the hassle of laundry while on your trip (also quite understandable) that will allow ample time for the hotel to do your laundry. Either way, it's your call!

I hope this helps a bit!
    -Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file