Options

Luggage restrictions

We are going on the 10/17/14 Rendevous on the Seine river cruise. How strict is Tauck regarding the 50 lb. 1 suitcase per person? I have a hard time packing minimally. What action will they take if you don't follow the rules?

Comments

• Options
    We haven't done this specific trip, but were on the Sapphire on the Seine in July. Since there are no air segments on your trip, it shouldn't (can't) make any difference. If you purchased to/from air through Tauck, then the rules of the airline are what matter. Worst case there is you pay an extra/overweight bag fee which you can research in advance. I think they put the language in as a general guideline which avoids surprises by travelers with the other-than-Tauck portions of your trip. You'll also have to be able to put your bags under the bed on the ship, but there's lots of room. We had 2 regular size and one small suitcase in July...no issue at all. Just ask one of the TD for an extra bag tag when you arrive in Paris to cover the hotel to ship transfer.

Enjoy the trip!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    We were on the French Waterways and Vineyards tour two years ago aboard the Swiss Emerald. Spending an extra day in Paris and three days at the end in Lyon, we also went over the recommended one suitcase/person. We had two 25" and two 21" suitcase. Tauck handled all of them without question. Aboard ship, we put the 21" bags inside the 25" bags, and all fit under the bed with no problem. I requested extra bag tags (through my travel agent) and Tauck sent them long before we departed.

Jerry
  • Options
    I can concur with Jerry. We did the French Escapade Paris to Monte Carlo in late August this year and we started with two but had packed a smaller one inside one of the big ones so when we departed Paris for Lyon we had grown to three and Tauck were very accommodating. They just gave us an extra tag and the rest was seamless.

I wouldn't worry. Tauck won't let you down.
  • Options
    Hi mlpgold,

The 50 lb weight limit is more of a guideline than a hard rule. There are no penalties or consequences if you go over, but we do appreciate it if you can stay under, when possible. Don't worry overmuch, just pack to enjoy your trip, and have a great time!

-Tim