Options

The Romantic Rhine 2015

Tauck Tim, are you there ? I have posted this question some time ago...weeks, have not gotten satisfactory answer from anyone at Tauck regarding: how much time is allowed for us at the Technik Museum in Speyer ? This is important to us to know whether whatever time you allow there is enough for us to see locomotives and fire trucks. Have been told 1.5 hrs by Tauck. Seems like waste of time for only 90 minutes at this huge place. Perhaps we'll go there before show up in Basel on 4/20/15. Please ask your ground people and Tour Directors, they must know. I purposely have not done our air tickets yet, so PLEASE respond with the info !
Nancy Stbarthfan

Comments

• Options
    I don’t usually respond negatively to forum postings, but I’m confused about yours. You first state that you have not gotten a satisfactory answer from Tauck about how much time is spent at the Technik Museum, but two sentences later you state that Tauck told you 1.5 hours. It seems that Tauck did provide a response to you, but that you are not pleased with the response you received.

I have not been on this tour, but on those tours I have been on Tauck has always tried to give a multifaceted view of cities visited within the limited amount of time there. For the time you would be off the ship in Speyer, it appears that Tauck is trying to do just that.
  • Options
    Rabo, when I received responses to my question from Tauck before doing my deposit, the actual answers ranged from an hour to 90 minutes and quite a bit of uncertainty on the respondents part. No one could say with any authority the estimated amount of time at the Technik in Speyer, thereby putting doubt in my mind that anyone knew ! Perhaps I was wrong in expecting a TD "over there" to chime in as I had asked & hoped. As a great fan of Tauck over many years, I was surprised at the various responses I did get which in essence told me nothing concrete. I know that adjustments to schedules must be altered depending on a variety of conditions so I think to avoid disappointment, we'll do a pre-Tauck visit to Speyer. Stbarthfan
  • Options
    I remember the stop when I took the r/m cruise. You can do the museum and stay with the ship. At some point that day ship leaves to meet up with bus further on the river.
  • Options
    Hi Nancy,

The museum opens at 9 AM. Your TD will take you there for an hour, and then the group visits the cathedral & town square. However, it's very common that some people decide to stay longer at the museum, and not go to the cathedral or main square, and you can then be picked up at 11:45 AM to head back to the ship for lunch. We always try to provide what options we can. :)

-Tim