Options

Classic Italy Tour Oct 22-Nov.4 th

Is anyone going on this trip? We will arrive in Sorrento on the 21st

Comments

• Options
    Hi Ramesh,

Your English expression is coming along nicely, but I think you mean … "My wife likes their special food." Keep working on the syntax! And stop spamming, okay?

Cheers,

Jan

• Options
    Maybe only people that have signed up for at least one tauck tour should be able to sign into the site. That would take care of this kind of spam.
  • Options
    But that way we might all miss some really useful information and prospective Tauck travellers might miss out on some really useful information, too. It's a difficult one, Crackers. And then again, if people are using forums like this as an exercise yard for their emerging English language skills, maybe we could just play nice with them? (As long as they desist with the spam!) I have noticed that they rarely returned to play, though ...

If I were to loose the use of my hands I think I'd have a terrible time in foreign countries. My conversational schoolgirl French is atrocious. At least my restaurant level Italian, German, French & Spanish won't have me starving. Plus I can say thank you, with the appropriate idiom and intonation in Dutch, Polish, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Swahili, Japanese and of course English. I've discovered that many travellers can't even manage thank you in their native tongue of American English … so there you go.

On another topic, slightly, did you see the recent Monty Python Live (Mostly) concert? Wonderful! They "invented" the word we use to describe unwanted internet advertising ….. spam. Your useless fact for the morning. No extra charge!

Cheers,

Jan